By Matt Ahl on ezinearticles.com
1. Smartphone. If you don't already own one you can get an iPhone, Blackberry or HTC. A smart phone lets you access travel tools such as emails, maps, GPS, compass, check the Internet for hotel reviews etc.
2. Digital Camera. You can't go on a holiday without a camera. A digital camera is probably the most essential travel tool so make sure you have a good one ready for the Kodak moments.
3. Video Camera. Another essential travel gadget and requires no further introduction. Nowadays most smartphones and digital cameras come with high quality video cameras.
4. USB memory stick. Lets you access and store documents and photos.
5. Universal power plug adaptor. Is an essential tool as it provides mating compatibility for most countries in the world.
6. Portable DVD player. Lets you watch movies and TV shows on the go and is a great companion when being stuck on an airplane for hours and hours.
7. Tablet computer. This is a hybrid between a smartphone and a laptop computer. The iPad and the Amazon Kindle are the most popular ones. This gadget lets you read ebooks and news, watch movies, go online etc.
8. MP3 player. The iPod is essential for killing time while traveling on buses, trains, and airplanes.
9. Portable laptop. Laptops are getting smaller and lighter and if you can you should bring one along. With a laptop you can go online, read emails, check Facebook, watch movies, store photos and videos.
10. Gaming console. Nintendo DS or PSP are the most popular ones. This is another great travel gadget for killing time while travelling.