Kidz Gear Wired Headphones For Kids
Pint Size Packing List! Toddler & Baby Travel Gear via Travelfashiongirl.com
10 Tips on How to Take Pictures of Kids While Traveling
On the Go Play 'n Snack Tray
Multitasking is standard on a road trip. Keeping your eyes on the road, determining directions either through GPS, or even more distracting, smartphone, and keeping another eye on the kids and keep them entertained. On the Go Play 'n Snack Tray makes it a bit easier. It puts a lot of their books, pencils, toys, and other fun stuff within their reach. This travel gadget also acts as a table for playing with all those toys and for coloring books. It can also be used as a food tray when it is time for a snack. It is waterproof so it can handle spills and wipes clean for prolonged use. Tray is made of foam and it easily attaches to car seats and folds flat for space-saving storage.
MP3 player designed for kids -
Now kids can have their own music player that can act as a plug-in player or a boombox. SweetPea3 2 GB MP3 Player can be loaded up with MP3s or audiobooks. It is made of soft, but durable, rubber. Which is great for the target audience as I am sure it will get a drop or two.
- plays all the popular music and audio book formats
- 2GB memory stores up to 32 hours of music and stories
- you can download your own music copied from a CD or purchased from stores like iTunes or Amazon.com
- Works with both PC and Mac
More info on www.sweetpeatoyco.com
|Best iPhone Apps for Traveling with Kids:|
QuickSmart 3-in-1 Travel Bassinet:
- It's a travel bassinet
- changing station
- diaper bag
- All rolled into one versatile travel gadget for traveling with kids
Trunki by Melissa & Doug Sunny:
Trunki allows children to scoot along on their luggage through the airport or train station. This lightweight, sturdy, carry-on sized suitcase serves as luggage, riding toy, and transport for kids on the go!
- Great tip for buying toys: Focus on Buying Open-Ended Toys
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew Before Traveling with an Infant
|Cool car window shade:|
|Riding in comfort:|
|Diono Seat Belt Pillow||Deluxe Seat Belt Snoozer Car Pillow||Frog Travel Fleece Blanket||Pillowhead Sheep Cushion|
|Safety 1st Babyview Mirror||See Me Rear View Mirror||Headphone Splitter|
|Keep them hydrated:|
|The Safe Sporter Baby Bottle||Thermos Nissan Water Bottle||Crocodile Creek Stainless Steel Drinking Bottle|
We Need to Talk: Kids & Screen Time - interesting post on modernparentsmessykids.com about young kids and iPad use and interaction. "The take-home here is this: Screen time needs to be for creating, not for watching!"
Gube - YouTube for kids
Gube provides parents with a catalog of pre-screened, moderated, and safe yet fun YouTube videos. Designed and developed by parents of toddlers for parents with young children. Your kids will not get bored while at a hotel or any other spot with wi-fi to browse online. Gube also offers the ability to save a list of your child's favorite videos, which they can quickly find and easily replay again and again with no need for internet access.
* Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* One-tap access to your children's favorite videos
* Peace of mind that your children will not stumble upon inappropriate content
* Parents can submit video recommendations to be included in Gube
* Continuous play modes that will keep your children entertained
Get Gube for iPhone and iPad for $3.99 on iTunes
10 Great Travel Gadgets for Kids:
1. MobiGo Touch Learning System
- a great little gaming system for little hands, with both a touch screen and a real Querty keyboard, plus no little parts to get lost. Kids can use the touch screen and also type letters on the keyboard. Both educational and fun.
2. Fisher Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera
- Have a young photographer in the family? This kid-friendly camera is great for travel. They can take as many shots as they want or until ran out of available space. Camera stores over 2,000 pictures and has 256 MB built-in memory. As the name implies, this digital camera is built to take a drop or two or more and keep on going.
- The V.Reader Animated Ebook System is like a kiddie Nook with animated stories, learning games and an easy-to-use touch screen. Now they can read like grown ups, or at least look like it. Plus no multiple books to drag with you as you travel as the V.Reader comes with small cartridges, has a USB port and SD memory card slot for expansion. It features a sturdy plastic body with see-through plastic screen cover for durable
4. LeapPad Explorer
- It's a tablet built for kids and for learning. Includes a library of 100+ cartridge games, apps, digital books, videos and flash cards. Has a built-in camera & video recorder, 5" touch screen for use with finger or included stylus. And comes with 2GB of memory, enabling it to host a robust suite of apps including: innovative book apps that provide a fully interactive, cinematic reading experience with word-by-word support and state-of-the-art gameplay; a Story Studio to combine art, audio and writing; Art, Animation and Photo studios to inspire imaginations. Software includes broad curriculum such as reading, mathematics, science, geography, art, music, language and culture, health and more. Plus, skill levels automatically adjust the challenge to match each child's pace and remember progress from game to game and book to book. (via leapfrog.com)
5. Ultimate Ears Earphones for Children
- To keep the beeps and other noises from above gadgets to a minimum, headphones are a must-have gadget when traveling with kids. These ones are specifically designed for children. They have a built in volume control that limits any music source by up to 40% and the ear cushions fit comfortably to create a seal. This means kids don't have to crank the volume to focus on their music, movies, or games, therefore protecting their ears.
6. Uniden Walkie Talkies
- easy to carry and pack, making them a must-have for travel families.
They’re rechargeable, too—and can run up to 10 hours on a single charge. Stay in touch no matter where you are… up to 15 miles away!
7. Travel Chess and Backgammon Game
- On the road cannot always plug-in or just want to unplug, board games are a great stand-by.
8. Advanced Alarm Child Locator
- With this transmitter fitted you will be alerted automatically by a loud chirping noise as soon as your child wanders out-of-range by approximately 30 feet/10 metres. Perfect for busy places such as airports, festivals, new cities or anywhere where you or your child might get distracted. Can easily be fitted to your child's wrist, footwear, clothing or bag. Locate your child with the push of a button long life batteries already installed and ready for immediate use. This gadget is water and shock resistant.
9. Mini-Laptop/Netbooks or portable DVD player
- Kids can have fun playing games, writing, drawing, or watching movies or shows. If you are able to obtain Wi-fi during the trip, they can also play on their favorite sites.
For a bit older kids, iPad might be a great idea as it can replace both of gadgets above and also games systems, books, and music players. And here also earphones come in handy.
ColorStudio HD app for iPad is a great companion. It is a high-tech coloring book, where kids can use marker, crayon, pencil and paint brush to draw that also has animated characters, music, sound and visual effects that bring scenes to life.
How do you keep your kids or yourself entertained while traveling? Let us know below