Apr 27, 2012

Don't get caught out without one

The Ultimate Traveling Buddy: Travel Adapters

Traveling internationally without one? You might as well toss out all your electronic gadgets. Most places outside of U.S. have outlets quite different than what we are used to. Not only do they look differently, but the also have different voltage. In Europe as well as many other countries the voltage is between 220 and 240 volts. See Did You Know? below for information on voltage in certain countries. And you would not want to plug in your 120v gadget into a 220v outlet. This is twice that of the voltage used for ordinary lighting and low-power appliances in US, Canada and most of the Americas, and also Japan. Not unless you would like to have smoldering pile of plastic. Plus you would not be able to plug it in directly as the shape of the outlets and the insertion points are also different. See picture below of various types.

For easier packing and traveling, a great option is a Universal World-wide Travel Adapter that has multiple variations at once.
- World-wide compatibility (US, UK, EU, AU, USB Port)
- 100-125 and 220-250 volt standards
- Surge protection and safety shutter
- compact design

Why good to have on a trip:

Did you know?  Electric Power Around The World

Voltage and frequency:
  220-240 V/60 Hz
  220-240 V/50 Hz
  100-127 V/60 Hz
  100-127 V/50 Hz

"Note that currently all new American buildings in fact get 240 volts split into two 120 volts "hot" wires (often called "legs") with a common neutral wire. Major appliances, such as virtually all drying machines and ovens, are now connected to 240 volts. " - answers

Travel Gadgets : What is an 'international electrical adapter'? by VideojugLifestyleandHome

Questions or Comments? Let us know below 

Receive post updates by


No comments:

Post a Comment